Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The Last Poppet Lesson

I have had my students reading Poppet for several weeks now, and reviewing the vocabulary found within the book. Interestingly enough we are just getting it down, but are rather bored with the book.

To finish the book off, and enjoy the poem once again, I brought art into the classroom. I brought with me some paper bags, the ones we used as children to carry our lunches to school. I walked studetns through how to make a paper bag puppet. We made the puppet resembling out favorite animals and wrote the poem used earlier on the back in a sharpy marker. They like how they smell!!

When the puppet was finished we took turns saying the poem, but ending with I am not a mouse, I am a (whatever animal they created). When we all had our turn, we partnered up and practiced... what is your name? how old are you? and what is your favorites?

No comments: